Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Disney Project: Subway Art






      I saw all of these great subway art designs online and really wanted to jazz up our hall bathroom downstairs. What better way to combine my love for the color blue and Disney then subway art.
  1. I first wrote down all of my favorite things about Disney World and found the font that matched them. This was definitely the longest task.
  2.  After downloading all of the fonts, I search online for blue color palettes that would match with my light yellow bathroom. 
  3. Next I opened Photoshops 8 by 10 photo file. 
  4. I then listed all of the Disney things that we loved with their corresponding font. 
  5. Open the view at the top of menu bar and turn on the grid. 
  6. Next I just sized and place the words around till it was what I was going for. 
  7. Then just print at Sam's Club or Costco..... where ever!
  8. Make sure to proof your subway art!! and print again if needed...... The Haunted Madison.... :) I do live in Madison so I guess it is close.
I loved the look so I did 3 more subway art designs. Two of them are the girls birth announcements and the forth is the Famous couple above. I bought all the frames half off at Micheals. Love how it looks plus it doesn't look over the top Disney. :) 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! My hubby and I had our first trip to WDW this past May (we are in our 30's). I would like to do something like this to add next to our characture(sp?) pic we had drawn in Downtown Disney. Would you mind telling me the fonts you used on each word and where I can find them? This is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this!...Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them one pinterest. Here is the site http://wdwprepschool.com/16-magic-kingdom-fonts-and-theyre-all-free/.

      Delete